Every Tuesday, 3pm - 6:30pm, 2650 West Oxford Loop
Welcome to the Oxford City Market!
The Oxford City Market is a new endeavor for the whole community – we hope you’ll bring your friends and family and join our gathering. We’ll have lots of fresh, nutritious, delicious produce and other products that will prove both a feast for your eyes and your kitchen table.Learn More
This Week at the Market
- Yokna Bottoms Farm: The Yokna crew is bringing okra, eggplant, potatoes, sweet and spicy peppers, heirlooms tomatoes, squash, basil and assorted herbs, and fresh flowers.
- Welcome Valley Farm: Mr. Pepper is bringing vine ripe tomatoes, squash, peas, eggplant, peppers, okra, watermelons and a fresh batch of cantaloupe pineapple goodness (or preserves, but you might call it goodness in a jar after you try it).
- Canebrake Farm:Canebrake Farm will have yellow and red meat watermelons, Cherokee purple tomatoes, Amish paste tomatoes, red pear piriform tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes, mortgage lifter tomatoes, better boy tomatoes, basil, rosemary, French cantaloupes, okra, Armenian cucumbers, fresh flowers and fresh free range eggs! Ask Charlie about his special on 6 pounds or more of tomatoes!
- Patti Belle’s Seafood: Jonathan has a deal for you – all Ole Miss students, staff and faculty get their shrimp for $1 OFF per pound! A ‘Welcome back, discount! He’ll have jumbo, medium and large shrimp.
- Sunlight Springs Certified Organic Farm: Daniel is bringing certified organic okra, purple peruvian fingering potatoes, and other items in smaller quantities.
- Mudline Farms: Come see Melissa and her beautiful produce. Ask her about her CSA!
- Cherry Creek Orchards: Local peaches, apples & more!
- Brown’s Farm: Leonard Brown from Water Valley brings an ARRAY of fresh organic herbs and mushrooms to tickle your taste buds. Try the lemon thyme with your chicken or saute some shiitakes into your entree. Mr. Brown takes your cooking to the next level!
- Beaverdam Fresh Farms: Ali and Dustin are bringing pasture raised pork chops, breakfast sausage, smoked sausage, and ground pork plus “beyond free range” eggs! Many of you remember them for their kickstarter campaign earlier this year to build an on-site processing facility for their THOUSANDS of chickens. They are innovators in our state and we are happy to welcome them!
- M & J Farms: Christy and Marie will have assorted fruit jams and jellies, chocolate sauce, banana nut bread, cinnamon bread, cinnamon rolls and white and wheat bread. Samples available of their breads, jellies and jams – come give them a try!
- The Spicy or Not Veggy: The Spicy or Not Veggy will have gluten free individual lemon meringue pies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cupcakes, cinnamon swirl pound cakes, jams and jellies, pickled okra, & their delicious salsa varieties.
- Creative Kitchen: Lizzy is back with a variety of fried pies, breads, and other sweets and treats!
- Rock Solid Pen Company: Local artisan John McMillan hand-turns custom ballpoint pens, pencils, and fountain pens out of native Mississippi wood and exotic woods from around the world, plus a few special ones from acrylic and deer antler (found, not killed) sources. They’re beautiful – come see!
- Cotton’s Café Dog Treat Barkery: Janet will have all natural organic dog treats for healthier, happier dogs. Made using local farmer’s produce, her products have no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, no lactose, and no reason your pup won’t love them! Available in sweet potato, squash apple, pumpkin, peanut butter honey, and a new blueberry-honey variety!
- Sweet Gum Apothecary: Co-owned by community herbalists Lindsay Wilson & Mandi Sanders, these ladies create a variety of herbal preparations from their own gardens and the forest. Check out their products here.
*Vendors still being accepted
Upcoming Community Classes
Sweet Gum Springs Apothecary will be in Oxford on Tuesday, Aug. 26 to attend OXCM (come buy their herbal preparations!) and then teach a class, “De-mystifying the Mint Family,” at Living Foods Organic Cafe and Market at 7:00. For registration and more info, click here.
Oxford City Market’s Community Canning Classes are back! Once again, we partner with Good Food for Oxford Schools to offer these classes FREE to the community. Come learn how to buy fresh fruits and vegetables in season and preserve them to enjoy all year long! We have lots of FREE canning supplies, recipes, coupons, gift labels and more to give to participants, so sign up today!
Class 2: Thursday, August 28th, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Oxford Conference Center, Ed Perry Blvd. off Hwy 7
To Register: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Class 3: Thursday, September 25, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Location: Lenoir Hall Foods Prep Lab, located on Sorority Row on the Ole Miss campus
To Register: Register Online
We Take Plastic
Forget to go by the ATM? Enough cash for only two rutabagas? No worries. OXCM takes plastic. We employ a token system, where for cash, check, or credit card, we can sell you $1, $5, or $10 tokens to be used with any vendor throughout the market. These cute tokens also make great gifts (think farmers market gift certificate) for the foodie in your life — give the gift of produce!
2.83% market support fee applied at each swipe.
EBT Cards & WIC Vouchers
OXCM now accepts EBT via our wireless card reader! Please invite anyone you know who uses EBT to come shop with us. Also, we are now able to accept Mississippi WIC FMNP vouchers. We are excited to offer these resources for more citizens to do business with our local farms! We are in the process of acquiring a voucher programs for eligible senior citizens as well. We have more plans to grow our EBT program, raise funds to provide Double Dollars to EBT and voucher customers, and more – if you’d like to help, let us know.
Help Grow the Market
We need volunteers. Whether you want to help out some local farmers, put your efforts into community outreach, bring more people to the tent, serve up lemonade or raise funds to grow the market, we’ve got a volunteer spot for you! Put the unity in community – come help set up, stack, carry, lift, sort, sell, pack, and have fun doing it. You’ll meet the folks who raise all this delicious food, plus others who live & work in Oxford. We are also recruiting planning committee members. Sign up: http://vols.pt/BLaJoi.