Every Tuesday, 3pm - 6:30pm, 2650 West Oxford Loop
Welcome to the Oxford City Market!
The Oxford City Market is a new endeavor for the whole community – we hope you’ll bring your friends and family and join our gathering. We’ll have lots of fresh, nutritious, delicious produce and other products that will prove both a feast for your eyes and your kitchen table.Learn More
This Week at the Market
Music by Zechariah Lloyd
Zechariah Lloyd is a new face bringing a fresh sound to the Blues. He was born in the Choctaw territory of North Mississippi – raised on cornbread and Jesus by a drummer and piano player in the south-delta regions of Vicksburg, MS. Being a drummer first, he cut his teeth learning drums on Zeppelin, Skynyrd, and Molly Hatchet records he found in his uncle’s old collection.
After high school, he set out west, ending up in Alaska for work and popped back up in North Mississippi a year later with an acoustic guitar, long hair, and some new sounds. While developing his own thing on guitar, he steadily worked himself in the music scene.
Some artists that he has shared the stage with are: Garry, Duwayne, and Kent Burnside, Kenny Brown, Cameron Kimbrough, Blind Mississippi Morris, Bill “Howlin Mad” Perry, Scott Albert Johnson, Rob Jungklas, national touring act Bret Mosley, and In July of 2013, shared the bill with legendary Johnny Winter at the Oxford Blues Festival.
His debut E.P. is being done at Tweed Recording in Oxford,MS and is scheduled for release. Listen to some of his songs here: www.zechariahlloyd.com, and come support Zechariah on Tuesday from 4:00-6:00!
- Native Son Farm: Native Son returns with Bok choy, Cherry tomatoes, Campari tomatoes, eggplant, peppers, slicing tomatoes, heirlooms, squash, and more!
- Yokna Bottoms Farm: The Yokna crew is bringing sweet potatoes, green onions, okra, PUMPKINS!, sweet and spicy peppers, smoked chipotle peppers, potatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Welcome Valley Farm: Mr. Pepper is bringing tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and eggplant.
- Canebrake Farm:Charlie will have lots of edamame, okra, yellow pear tomatoes, basil, cut flowers and fresh free-range eggs!
- Sunlight Springs Certified Organic Farm: Daniel is bringing certified organic okra, purple Peruvian fingerling potatoes, Shagbark hickory syrup, and other items in smaller quantities.
- Mudline Farms: Come see Melissa and her beautiful produce. Ask her about her CSA!
- Cherry Creek Orchards: Local peaches and apples from Pontotoc! Be sure you get some today … LAST WEEK FOR PEACHES!
- Brown’s Farm: Leonard Brown from Water Valley brings an ARRAY of fresh organic herbs and mushrooms to tickle your taste buds. Try the lemon thyme with your chicken or saute some shiitakes into your entree. Mr. Brown takes your cooking to the next level!
- Patti Belle’s Seafood: Jonathan is back with more fresh, delicious Mississippi Gulf Coast shrimp AND shucked oysters by the pint!
- Beaverdam Fresh Farms: Ali and Dustin are bringing pasture raised pork chops, breakfast sausage, smoked sausage, and ground pork plus “beyond free range” eggs!
- Watson Farm: Tim is bringing rattlesnake green beans, scuppernogs, squash, eggplant and possibly more.
- Pontotoc Ridge Blueberry Farm: fresh figs, okra, tomatoes, their signature jams, and more!
- Richardson Farm: Nathan is bringing cut flowers and plants, plus fresh herbs and possibly some tomatoes. His tent is always one of our most beautifully adorned! And he’s so sweet to boot.
- Edmondson Farms: Sweet potatoes straight from Vardaman, Mississippi.
- Mardis Honey: Delicious, local honey from Taylor, MS. Put it in your tea, your baked goods, your oatmeal… it’s good for you!
- M & J Farms: Christy and Marie will have assorted fruit jams and jellies, chocolate sauce, chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin cookies, and two new jams – habanero-peach and raspberry! Samples available of their breads, jellies and jams – come give them a try!
- The Spicy or Not Veggy: TSNV will have assorted baked goods, jams and jellies, zesty spaghetti sauce, chow chow and Salsa. We have Jalapeno Salsa, Chipotle and Extra Spicy salsa. Stop by for a sample!
- Creative Kitchen: Lizzy is back with her delicious fried pies, cinnamon rolls, bread, and other sweets and treats.
- Rock Solid Pen Company: Local artisan John McMillan hand-turns custom ballpoint pens, pencils, and fountain pens out of native Mississippi wood and exotic woods from around the world, plus a few special ones from acrylic and deer antler (found, not killed) sources. They’re beautiful – come see!
- Cotton’s Café Dog Treat Barkery: Janet will have all natural organic dog treats for healthier, happier dogs. Made using local farmer’s produce, her products have no preservatives, no artificial ingredients, no lactose, and no reason your pup won’t love them! Available in sweet potato, squash apple, pumpkin, peanut butter honey, and a new blueberry-honey variety!
- Lunarfaire Arts: Heather McBride is bringing her ceramics, soy candles, soaps, art work, and a few baked items such as bread, granola, and cookies. Don’t miss her tent!
We Take Plastic
Forget to go by the ATM? Enough cash for only two rutabagas? No worries. OXCM takes plastic. We employ a token system, where for cash, check, or credit card, we can sell you $1, $5, or $10 tokens to be used with any vendor throughout the market. These cute tokens also make great gifts (think farmers market gift certificate) for the foodie in your life — give the gift of produce!
2.83% market support fee applied at each swipe.
EBT Cards & WIC Vouchers
OXCM now accepts EBT via our wireless card reader! Please invite anyone you know who uses EBT to come shop with us. Also, we are now able to accept Mississippi WIC FMNP vouchers. We are excited to offer these resources for more citizens to do business with our local farms! We are in the process of acquiring a voucher programs for eligible senior citizens as well. We have more plans to grow our EBT program, raise funds to provide Double Dollars to EBT and voucher customers, and more – if you’d like to help, let us know.
Help Grow the Market
We need volunteers. Whether you want to help out some local farmers, put your efforts into community outreach, bring more people to the tent, serve up lemonade or raise funds to grow the market, we’ve got a volunteer spot for you! Put the unity in community – come help set up, stack, carry, lift, sort, sell, pack, and have fun doing it. You’ll meet the folks who raise all this delicious food, plus others who live & work in Oxford. We are also recruiting planning committee members. Sign up: http://vols.pt/BLaJoi.