Every Tuesday, 3pm - 6:30pm, 2650 West Oxford Loop
Welcome to the Oxford City Market!
The Oxford City Market is a new endeavor for the whole community – we hope you’ll bring your friends and family and join our gathering. We’ll have lots of fresh, nutritious, delicious produce and other products that will prove both a feast for your eyes and your kitchen table.Learn More
This Week at the Market
@ the Lyric with Cadillac Funk
Find us here Tuesday, Nov. 25th!
Rather than suffer it out under the tent as it gets darker earlier (and cold), we are partnering with the Lyric Oxford to head uptown so that we can continue to bring you fresh produce, delicious homemade breads, and local meats through Thanksgiving (indoors, safe from the elements).
Andrew “CadillacFunk” Yurkow grew up in Indianola; the heart of the Mississippi delta and home to blues legend, B.B. King. At 16, Andrew played at the B.B. King Homecoming festival and continued on his blues journey after graduating from Cleveland High School (Cleveland, MS) by playing with other remarkable blues performers such as; Bill “Howl-N-Madd” Perry, Duwayne and Garry Burnside, Lightnin’ Malcolm and Cedric Burnside, Kenny Brown, Little Joe Ayers, and Willie Foster. In addition he has opened for acts such as Bobby Rush, the Dirty Dozen Brass Band at Hal and Mal’s in Jackson, MS, and he most recently opened for blues legend Johnny Winter at the 2013 Oxford Blues Festival alongside Effie Burt.
- Yokna Bottoms Farm: Oxford’s own Yokna Bottoms Farm is bringing certified naturally grown green onions, mixed lettuces, mesclun mix, radishes, hakurei turnips, mizuna mustards,sweet potatoes, pepper jelly, flowers, herbs and more!
- Canebrake Farm: Charlie will have bagged lettuce mix, napa cabbage, bok choy, mustard greens, turnips, cilantro, collard greens, and rosemary.
- Sunlight Springs Certified Organic Farm: Daniel is bringing certified organic produce, Shagbark Hickory syrup, and other items in smaller quantities.
- Mudline Farms: Come see Melissa and her beautiful produce. Ask her about her CSA!
- Brown’s Farm: Leonard Brown from Water Valley brings an ARRAY of fresh organic herbs and mushrooms to tickle your taste buds. Try some lemongrass, shittake mushrooms, or any of his medicinal herbs. Mr. Brown takes your cooking (or your teas) to the next level! This week is MR. BROWN’S RAFFLE DRAWING! Be sure you’re present to win!
- Mardis Honey: Delicious, local honey from Taylor, MS. Put it in your tea, your baked goods, your oatmeal… it’s good for you! The best honey around. Compare it to any; you’ll find none better.
- M & J Farms: Christy and Marie will have cookies, pizza crusts, breads,and jams, jellies and sauces. Samples available of their breads, jellies and jams – come give them a try!
- The Spicy or Not Veggy: The Spicy or Not Veggy will have jams, jellies and their signature salsas, plus Sweet Potato Hummus, an assortment of gluten-free dairy free pound cakes and gluten-free pita bread. Made fresh this week is peanut brittle and Homemade Avacado Mayonnaise. Be sure you take some home!
- Lunarfaire Arts: Heather McBride is bringing yummy baked goods along with Artisan soaps, soy candles, pottery, and art work. She has lots of holiday gift ideas and pre-wrapped baskets perfect for that someone who is hard to buy for. Don’t miss her booth!
- Rock Solid Pen Company: Local artisan John McMillan hand-turns custom ballpoint pens, pencils, and fountain pens out of native Mississippi wood and exotic woods from around the world, plus a few special ones from acrylic and deer antler (found, not killed) sources
- Beaverdam Fresh Farms: Ali and Dustin are back with their pasture-raised breakfast sausage, smoked sausage, pork chops, ground pork, grass fed ground beef, steaks, roasts, plus “beyond free range” eggs! Also bringing T&R Dairy cheeses.
We Take Plastic
Forget to go by the ATM? Enough cash for only two rutabagas? No worries. OXCM takes plastic. We employ a token system, where for cash, check, or credit card, we can sell you $1, $5, or $10 tokens to be used with any vendor throughout the market. These cute tokens also make great gifts (think farmers market gift certificate) for the foodie in your life — give the gift of produce!
2.83% market support fee applied at each swipe.
EBT Cards & WIC Vouchers
OXCM now accepts EBT via our wireless card reader! Please invite anyone you know who uses EBT to come shop with us. Also, we are now able to accept Mississippi WIC FMNP vouchers. We are excited to offer these resources for more citizens to do business with our local farms! We are in the process of acquiring a voucher programs for eligible senior citizens as well. We have more plans to grow our EBT program, raise funds to provide Double Dollars to EBT and voucher customers, and more – if you’d like to help, let us know.
Help Grow the Market
We need volunteers. Whether you want to help out some local farmers, put your efforts into community outreach, bring more people to the tent, serve up lemonade or raise funds to grow the market, we’ve got a volunteer spot for you! Put the unity in community – come help set up, stack, carry, lift, sort, sell, pack, and have fun doing it. You’ll meet the folks who raise all this delicious food, plus others who live & work in Oxford. We are also recruiting planning committee members. Sign up: http://vols.pt/BLaJoi.